swollen lymph node in groin and granuloma annulare?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My daughter is 30 years old and noticed  swollen lymph nodes in her groin.  She also noticed a red, circular rash on her ankle bone. The biopsy of the lymph nodes came back negative and the red rash was diagnosed as granuloma annulare.  Can these two things be connected?  Is is common to have swollen lymph nodes in the groin with granuloma annulare?  Her white blood count was low also.  3.4  Is this also connected to the grannuloma?
The histopathology being negative is good and rules out serious conditions.
Indeed there are cases with lymphoid disorders with presentation of atypical granuloma annulare though uncommon.
Any history of cat scatch?
There was no cat scratch, although my daughter was watching someone's cat for a week but she is very certain there was no scratch.

Dermatologist put her on a very strong steroidal cream to be used twice a day.  She still has the swollen lymph nodes.  Dermatologist said the nodes were movable.  Doesn't think there is a connection  between the rash and the swollen nodes, though.  As I said before, her white count is 3.4.  She's not tired, works out three times a week.  My daughter is going to the gynocologist for further input.  I have no idea at this point why the swollen nodes, except for the granuloma annulare.
Possibly just a reactive lympadenopathy to a mild athlete's foot.Do continue treatment. She should be fine. ok?
You mentioned that the lympadenopathy is a result of athlete's foot.  Is granuloma annulare a form of athlete's foot?  Thanks for all your input.  It's been very helpful.
While these are different, sometimes a diagnostic difficulty is there in differentiating them clinically.ok?
My best wishes.