swollen red puss bumps underarm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

swollen red puss bumps underarm

I developed 1 painful red swollen bump under my left arm first.  A couple of days went by and it got worse and as I squeezed it puss came out.  The pain has subsided and the puss is no more but the bump is still there.  However a day later I developed 4 more under the other underarm with same symptoms.  These hurt so much I find it difficult to keep my arms down or drive.  I am afraid to go to the doctor, keep thinking they will go away by themselves.  My sister who is a surgical tech has advised me to go to the doctor, says its sounds like sucraceous (something like that) glands and only antibiotics will help or if I don't do anything now, surgery will have to happen later.  I am 39 years old, have never ever experienced anything like this.  It took me a while to even show or discuss this with my son and boyfriend.  I am so embarrassed.  I've been using the same deodarant (dove) for years, same razors so I don't understand how or why this is happening.  Can anyone please tell me what this is or if you've ever experienced this?