systemic poison oak

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

systemic poison oak

Another similar question as previously posted.  My daughter had a severe case of poison oak when she was a little kid. It kept her down and on steroids for several weeks.  After that when she would sweat or become stressed she would break out again in little bouts of blisters where she had had severe blisters before. She is now an adult and going through college and working, etc. She is experiencing again these little blister spots on her body and on her face.  Is there anything that can be done to help her immune system combat this problem? She really doesn't want to take steroids if she can help it. Topical cortizone creams do little to help.
Thank you for your time,
Concerned Mom
  • Random Blisters... (1 replies):
    Hi, I've been getting random blisters all over my body ...[more]
  • Poison oak on groin? (3 replies):
    I was in the woods last week and think I may have gotten...[more]
  • Poison Oak (2 replies):
    I have had poison oak before that had spread all over my...[more]
  • itchy (1 replies):
    Can someone please help in the last week i have been get...[more]
  • uhhhh (2 replies):
    im a teenage male, healthy and everything, but recently ...[more]

These small blisters forming after sweating are formed due to clogging of the pores and sealing of the sweat ducts which then collect some perspiration under them forming these little blister like things. she should try avoiding going out in the sun especially during the peak sun hours like 9-3 pm and if she has to go, then wear a non greasy sunscreen atleast half an hour before going out in the sun.

Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.