tanning bed bumps
I have been tanning for about three years on and off and have never had any problems. I started taking birth control about four months ago and around that same time I got a new tanning lotion. The first time I used this lotion my chest got really burnt and had a rash. I quit using this lotion . I then went on vacation and had white spots on my chest that would not tan and I have never had that problem before. About two months after I got back from the each I started tanning again and now have little red itchy bumps on my chest and neck that will not go away. Could it be a reaction from the birth control I am taking because I have never had a problem like this before and I have always gone to the same tanning salon.
From the symptoms contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, folliculitis, hives and heat rash need to be ruled out. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and apply a mild steroid cream if the symptoms are severe. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.