tanning bed rash
Hello. I went started going tanning about a week ago, and the first time i went this month was a few days ago. that time i just felt itchiness on my stomach and back area after tanning. the last few times i went i started breaking out in red blotches all over my body, especially my chest. this never happened when i went before, and maybe it could be because i have been using tanning lotion the past week. the last time i was tanning, yesterday, it was so bad that i had noticeable red outbreaks all over my body and actually felt sick and had to go home. but, i used a much larger amount of tanning lotion yesterday. i spent alot of money on unlimited tanning, and dont want my money to go to waste. what should i do?

I have two things in mind with regards to these red blotches:

This may be due to an allergic reaction caused by the tanning lotion.Also this may be secondary to a fungal infection that one may acquire in tanning spas.

Just a few questions to clarify:

Have you ever experienced these symptoms before?

Do you have any history of allergies ?

I suggest that you stop getting some tan for the moment and do stop using the tanning lotion.Have yourself assessed by a dermatologist in case you are having an allergic reaction which needs immediate assessment.Avoid sharing towels and keep the body clean and well moisturized.Have you taken any medications like an oral antihistamine?

I suggest you inform you physician about this so you may be prescribed appropriate medications.