tattoo ink reaction. advice for treatment?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6131792?1284294864
this is an ink allergic reaction, the photo showing how the purple parts of the tattoo healed. sadly, ink reactions are rare, but they do happen. is there any advice on how the skin may be treated in order to remove the bulge? loss of ink is not a problem, since that can be remedied at a later stage. the skin took all the other colours fine, except for the purple.
any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time
.
For allergic reaction to tattoo ink, treatment includes oral antihistaminics like Benadryl and topical application of corticosteroids. You may try application of calamine on the affected site. It may work by soothing the skin.
But if the symptoms are severe then unfortunately the tattoo has to be removed and oral steroids prescribed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I've had my tattoo for 9 months and it started itching about 3 weeks ago.  No matter how much lotion I use, it isn't going away AND it's getting bigger!
I recently got a hand tattoo of a rose and spider webs. The healing process is not going so well. I'm starting to itch with little bumps. I've been using aquaphor and doing what I'm supposed to but the bumps are killing me. I'm starting to itch everywhere (mentally messing with me I believe) the red looks horrible and its starting to scar. What is possibly going on? :(
i am having a reaction that wont go away. I have giant red bumps around my tattoo and they itch like crazy. I barely itch it and wash it constantly. what do i do?
Iv had my tat for 10yrs. And last yr they started gettin itchie and bumpie the others will a small bump. It seems when summer heat comes around.that's when I get them. And advice

Becky

Becky
I have the same problem, only in the summer time. A lite cover of pure Emu Oil Twice a day does the trick in about two weeks the bumps are all gone.
If you put it on to thick you might get red blimeses so just a lite cover will do best
Ive had my tattoos just over a month... During the healing process my pink paw print got red ichy dots, I changed lotions from eecurin to lubiderm (sorry for spelling, not positive on the names), the ichy spots went away.. I've been using lubiderm twice a day now, and last night I noticed the tats on my wrist have large bumps in the ink. They don't ich or burn, but I'm afraid that if I stop using the lotion, and it heals that the ink will go with it... Anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much!