tender skin, no rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

tender skin, no rash

For about a month now, the skin on my left leg above the knee into the quad area has been very tender as if something rubbed against it and irritated the skin. Now the skin on my stomach is beginning to feel the same way. I am in good health, no rash, no fever, headache, etc. Just tender skin. i have used Eucalyptus oil on it and even resorted to trying Clobetsol...to no avail. Clothing is irritating to me on these areas, and going without just won't work. My leg feels better when I shave. Please help, I am at my wit's end.
For this tender skin rash on the stomach, I would like to rule out shingles. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Sir, thank you for your response. I have NO rash or bumps anywhere. I have NO itching at all or stabbing pain, just the skin sensitivity which does seem to be a little better but it's still there. Only skin sensitivity on one leg in the quad area. No other symptoms.
I have recently started having the same issue mine is on the front of my right thigh and also right under my buttox on the same leg there is No rash or any visable irritation and it is very tender to the touch clothing is not cofortable when this happens i was just wondering if u happened to find ne thing out about this and this may or maynot have ne significance but i am also a type one diabetic and have been for bout 16 yrs
i have exact same problem and have been with it for the last 3 1/2, and is every day, especially when i shower in cold water or rained on, it gets so intense.currently its on ma arm and yesterday was in ma face, please help

ken

i have a skin that hurts  also when touched .i wont go to the doctors about it .its only been happening for the last three days  .i was on steriods for a week can any body tell me what it is and how long does it last
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem on my outer calves, same area on both, very sore to the touch for no apparant reason.  I was worried it may be gout but doesn't seem to fit symptoms. Very uncomfy and irritating.
Hello Dr. I have had sore skin since my early 20's I am now 54.  My recent bout with sore skin has lasted longer than usual and has covered 1/2 of my body.  My entire right side from the rib cage down to the right archilies have been effected.  I am also experiencing periodic sharp stabbing pain in either my rib cage or my buttock.  It is very difficult to walk and or do anything.  The best thing to do is to stay very still as any motion increases the pain on the surface of the skin.  One Dr. I went to see thought it could be related to shingles (under the skin).  I don't know.  All I want to do is get to the bottom of this.  Why am I getting this and how can I combat it when I do have it.  Can you please advise?
Can someone help me? I had a baby nearly 11weeks ago, had my 6week check but still bleeding, also loss of appetite for the last 6days joint pain and my skin in sore to touch but no marks. It started in my arms and hands and round the side of my breasts can someone help?
I have had sore skin for past 7 days on my left hip area and left side of torso.
Clothing is very painful. Went to my doctor and she was baffled and said let's see what develops. I have searched the internet and no one seems to have an answer for this painful condition.
I'm currently experiencing the same pain and burning sensation on the left side of my face, neck and scalp. Zero rash, marks or injury. I did however find two small bites on my left leg that I have no clue got there. There not typical of mosquitos nor bedbugs or fleas. The soreness and burning has been going on for a few years on and off. I don't know what to do or whome to speak with about it without sounding like a hypochondriac. It's both frustrating and confusing for nothing works to relieve the soreness and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Has anyone found any answers as to what it could possibly be?