Dermatology Expert Forum
tender skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

tender skin

Yes, I have on one side of my body, from right above my knee to right above my waist,on my right side only, a feeling like I've had boiling water poured on me. I can't stand for anything at all to touch it. There is no rash, no redness, etc. This is the fifth day now this is going on. I do have three (like mosquito bites, but haven't ever itched) right above my knee on that side. Please tell me what to do for this and what it is......thank you
Linda:

You must forgive me, but the symptoms you describe do not remind me of any condition with which I am familiar, certainly no skin condition.  Whether this is an internal problem or a neurological one, or whether it is induced by stress and anxiety, is a question I must ask you to direct to your internist or family physician.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best.

Dr. R
Linda,

Today I noticed nearly the same condition that you just descibed -- a burning sensation on just my right arm without any of the usual symptoms that would consitute a skin rash.  Have you figured out what it is?

Andrea
My 18-year-old daughter is complaining of the same thing, except hers is a tenderness on her stomach and her back - she can't stand for clothes to touch it. There is no rash; she's not sick with any other symptoms.  It's been for about 1 week.  I came on this board to ask that question and found you already had posted the same one!  Have you received any other information?
I am searching for the same answer.  My pain started this morning on the top part of my left hand, and now has made its way to the bend in my elbow along one long strip.  The only other symptom that I can see is a very tiny vessel in that same bend that the pain reaches to.  I also have a weird looking "bite" on my left foot that I don't remember getting.
I hope someone comes up with an answer.
To all concerned about 'tender skin' Don't know if this will help or if it is even the same. But I have, and also my 21 yr old daughter has tender skin. I saw a Rheumatologist and what I have is Fibromyalgia. There are other symptoms that goes with this though: tenderness in joints, pressure points all over the body that are symmetrical, etc. The burning/tender skin is a  neuralgia type thing, which seems to affect the nerves close to the surface of the skin.  You should see someone about this, preferably an Internist or Rheumatologist. Good Luck!
I have a painful burning sensation on my right bicept that lasts
for about 10 min., then goes away. It happens 3 or 4 times a day.
  It hurts even more when I touch it. It seems to be just on the surface of my skin, and not in my muscle itself.
                             Thank you,
                                    Tony
I have child who is light skin. can people who is light complected have problems with there skin like brusing. and the sun.  I have a child who have bruses all over her body. can some people bruse like a touch of a finger.
I am 53 year old male with very tender skin all I have to do is but my arm on something and I will bruise or my skin will tear. Is there anything I can do about this.
A related discussion, Tenderness on Thigh skin on one leg only was started.
A related discussion, tender skin was started.