Dermatology Community
thickened skin on penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thickened skin on penis

Several months ago I noticed a thickening of skin on the underside of my penis, right along my circumcision scar. It was somewhat darker than the rest of the skin there. It didn't hurt or bleed or blister at all. It was more noticeable when flaccid than when erect. It didn't seem to be a wart (didn't turn white when I applied vinegar).

I decided I would try to resolve it with some over the counter wart remover, I applied the wart remover and then the skin blistered and a layer of skin came off.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it might be? Is it possible it's circumcision scar tissue or related to friction from sex or masturbation?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
After circumcision, a relatively thick keratin layer will have formed on the normally skinless mucosal surface of the glans (glands). It must be this thickened layer that you have noticed. If there is any redness, itching or any discharge from the thickened layer, then it should be evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...