thigh chafing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

thigh chafing

my inner thighs use to rub really bad when i was in my teens and had no clue what to do about it.  I struggled to walk and used oil to stop it from rubbing but it got worse, it would be painful sometimes and would show red spots/rashes and i was too afraid to tell somebody.  Coming in to my teen's my inner thighs are i dont know how to describe it, its so black its what happens after they rub, its like scarred in black and so ashamed of it.  I have no clue about what to do about it? Surgery , concealer any clue?????

Does the site still itch or have a rash?

This could be an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or dermatitis or eczema or due to sweat or friction or folliculitis. This could be due to tinea or bacterial or fungal infection.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites, keep the area clean and moisturised. Wear lose , comfortable clothes. Avoid scratching or picking at the lesions. Avoid sweat accumulation at the areas.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Talk to your doctor whther demyelinizing agents would help at the sites of the dark skin or laser treatment or dermabrasion would be required.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.