tinea versicolour
hi...i was wondering how can i treat tinea versicolour on my face?some are white patches and some are pink i've tried using nizoral and selsun shampoo but it helps only for a little while...please im desperate it just come and goes i want to know how i can cure it permanently?
thanx
Pityriasis versicolor (Tinea veriscolor) is a fungal infection caused by commensal yeasts in hot and humid conditions. Selenium sulphide lotion can be applied for around 10-15 minutes, rinsed off and re-applied daily for about a week. It is less messy and preferably easy to use than the Selsun and Ketoconazole shampoos which needs to applied on the patches of affected skin after an evening bath, left to dry the whole night and washed off the next morning. For widespread or stubborn infections, itraconazole tablets have shown good results in curative aspects, but they should be taken under prescription.

Most patient think the treatment has not worked if their pale patches do not disappear straight away. They should be warned in advance that the patches will take a long time to disappear and the treatment does not equate with disappearance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.