tiny, itchy, red bumps
I've had this itchy rash thingy for months. I woke up one night and I was itching all over. The rash wasn't visible then, but it is now in the form of little red bumps. A few of them are raised with scabs in the middle. They itch constantly. Showering used to help but now it doesn't at all. I tried showering with yogurt in the begining and that helped for a while. Right before the rash started, I was taking medicine for Ringworm. Do you think it's the medication that triggered it? Do you think it's an allergic reaction? What is it? What can I do to get rid of it? The itching is driving me crazy!

Most likely it sounds like hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known.Some are triggered by viral infections and medications.

The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine like Benadryl or Claritin which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks).Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement.Also apply calamine lotion on the hands.

If the symptoms persist, then you can get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Immunotherapy may be tried.Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

Hi! So, I finally went to the dermatologist and we figured out that I was having an allergic reaction the the progestrin in my birth control! I'm so glad I figured it out. He gave me Cutivate Lotion (fluticasone propionate) and it has been getting rid of the left over itchy spots. I stopped taking my birth control of course, as well.