tiny black spots on 5 yr. old daughter's scalp
I just noticed tiny black spots on my daughter's scalp on the crown of her head.  They are not coming off with my finger nail.  I wash her hair about 4 days a week.  I used to do every day but lice was going around in her school and I heard it is more likely to occur in very clean hair.  

Please help if you have had a similar experience.  I checked for lice and I do not believe this is lice.  It is only on the crown and not attached to hair, just scalp.

Shelly
It can be due to small wounds inflicted by head lice. Other possibility is of a fungal infection( less likely). Wash the Clothing, bedding, and towels in hot water and dry them in sun after machine drying them. Topical permethrin or Lindane cream may be needed for lice which are available by prescription only.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.