tiny flesh colored bumps
About a week ago we noticed small random flesh colored bumps on my 3 yr old daughter's left knee. The bumps begin to multiply and quickly formed a circular pattern. It did not seem to bother her nor did it itch. Due to the circular formation we assumed (although it did not itch) that it was ringworm and begin treating it with an over the counter topical ointment. The rash, as we called it, worsened. It became inflammed looking, puffy, and red. My daughter complained that it hurt and was unable to bear wear or unbend her knee. After examining her, her peditrician advised that we should take her to the emergency room. We did and after 3 days staying in the hospital, several room visits from doctors, blood work, xrays, anitbotics, and steriods, they concluded she had an inflammatory case of ringworm. Once she was able to walk on her leg, they released us from the hospital. Since then I've noticed the same random flesh colored bumps spreading. They started to appear on her right hand. I once again showed the bumps to her peditrician who stated to keep taking the antiobiotics...."and we'll see". Well its been 3 days since her last doctor visit and the bumps continue to spread. They are now on both of her knees, both hands, arms and seem to keep spreading. The dermotologists is booked for about 6 weeks. The bumps still dont seem to bother her but trying to avoid the same large inflammatory rash that started this whole thing. Any idea of what this could be? No dr but guessing their diagnosis of ringworm is completely wrong!!!
From the symptoms that you have mentioned, the possibility of granuloma annulare especially subcutaneous or localized needs to be ruled out. It is found in children 2-10 years old and presents as groups of 1- to 2-mm papules that range in color from flesh-toned to erythematous and found on distal extremities.  

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy. I suggest you to get a biopsy of the skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.