Dermatology Community
tiny flesh colored bumps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tiny flesh colored bumps

About a week ago we noticed small random flesh colored bumps on my 3 yr old daughter's left knee. The bumps begin to multiply and quickly formed a circular pattern. It did not seem to bother her nor did it itch. Due to the circular formation we assumed (although it did not itch) that it was ringworm and begin treating it with an over the counter topical ointment. The rash, as we called it, worsened. It became inflammed looking, puffy, and red. My daughter complained that it hurt and was unable to bear wear or unbend her knee. After examining her, her peditrician advised that we should take her to the emergency room. We did and after 3 days staying in the hospital, several room visits from doctors, blood work, xrays, anitbotics, and steriods, they concluded she had an inflammatory case of ringworm. Once she was able to walk on her leg, they released us from the hospital. Since then I've noticed the same random flesh colored bumps spreading. They started to appear on her right hand. I once again showed the bumps to her peditrician who stated to keep taking the antiobiotics...."and we'll see". Well its been 3 days since her last doctor visit and the bumps continue to spread. They are now on both of her knees, both hands, arms and seem to keep spreading. The dermotologists is booked for about 6 weeks. The bumps still dont seem to bother her but trying to avoid the same large inflammatory rash that started this whole thing. Any idea of what this could be? No dr but guessing their diagnosis of ringworm is completely wrong!!!