Dermatology Expert Forum
tiny growth on opening to urethra

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

tiny growth on opening to urethra

About 2 years ago, I had a tiny skin growth on the opening of the edge of my urethra on my penis.
It's only noticeable if I peel open the urethra. If I touch it, I can manipulate its shape, similar to skin.
I showed it to 4 doctors. One said it might be a wart if it continues to grow, which it hasn't in 2 years. The other 3 doctors said it is nothing to worry about and that it isn't a wart. 2 worked as regular doctors and the other worked at an STD clinic.
Should I trust the other 3 doctors and not worry about it?
I was mainly concerned because it wasn't there before. It just showed up. Thank you for your help.
If it were a wart, it would have grown and spead by now.  Urethral warts are uncommon in any case.  It's probably just a redundant piece of skin.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, very tiny skin growths was started.