tiny itchy blisters on arms & legs
Shamefully, for almost 8 years I have been getting very small itchy blisters on various spots on my arms and legs.  The small blisters develop and immediately itch intensely, which is how I know they're there.  They have a clear fluid inside, with no puss.  When I scratch them in my sleep or when they break, they often weep a little  amber colored liquid.  Also, when I scratch them, more tiny blisters will develop around the original blister, signifying an infection.  These broken blisters often leave  (little open sores) which can be difficult and slow to heal.  These outbreaks seem to come in waves, as I'll often go weeks or even a month or two without a sign of blisters, itching, or infection.  I have never had any white puss or swelling redness around these troublesome blisters/vesicles, which isn't like any normal skin infection I've ever had before.  Can anyone help me diagnosis this problem please?
     Finally A group of people who won't tell me I'm crazy... =)
     Let me begin by saying, I am a former model - now a fulfilled, happy, stay-at-home wife and mother. Our family wants for nothing - I do not live in a stressful environment. I have regular visits with my internist, massage therapist & recently, chiropractor and acupuncturist.
     After a car accident in July, 2007, I was put on a host of medications for pain and anxiety - I believe these are what exaccerbated whatever this itchy beast inside of me is. All I know is, the beast is awake and never sleeps. My itchy red bumps came in straight lines on my fingers at first - now 5 years later, they are random itchy bumps, some large, some small - mainly on tops of hands and forearms, but also appear inexplicably on backs of knees, back, scalp, legs, etc. There are NO rhyme or reason to them.
    I agree with those who believe something is known about this within the medical community and we are not being told. I have been to dermatologists who get downright defensive when I even imply what it might be and am then I'm accused of being a "picker" - they are defensive because they have no answers and the treatments they've given - (steroids, gentamicin, hydrocortizone, unscented EVERYTHING, etc.) DON'T WORK! The last straw for me was when they attempted to "scare me out of the office" by suggesting cutting a dime-sized biopsy of skin off the top of my ring finger - believe me, if I thought they'd have helped me, I would have allowed it, but they don't know what the heck they're doing to this point, so how on earth could I say yes?
     I've NEVER had anything like this nor has anyone in my family - it's embarrassing and dehumanizing and I would take ANYTHING regardless of the side effects, if it would MAKE IT GO AWAY. I have been off ALL medications for over 2 years now, but this awful skin affliction remains. I reckon the damage is done - due to the ill effects of the pain and anti-anxiety meds. I too have tried all sorts of OTC and home remedies, but nothing quells it for long. It is brought on randomly by stress, anxiety, certain foods/ingredients, sun - this is why other people have a tendency to dismiss it as crazy - there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this condition.
     I have begun seeking treatment from a local herbal specialist who has a doctorate in pharmacology (because she's an herbalist, she was actually forced by law to get her doctorate - thank the FDA for that). I am in the proceess of becoming a certified herbalist myself and I will continue to share my progress and any new developments, positive and negative as they arise.
      Although difficult at times, I try and keep this all in perspective and remain grateful for life's miracles in spite of my once-beautiful, now-stricken hands and arms and itching.....let's face it, in this world, people can be downright cruel when it comes to appearances and you can't hide your hands from the world. I leave you with the eternal words of Tom Hanks in Castaway; =)

"And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun WILL rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Very well said. I have been experiencing this problem for more than a year now. I went to a dermatologist and said that it's contact dermatitis. I used to flaunt my legs prior to having this by wearing shorts. Since I acquired this "disease", I rarely have worn shorts. Most of the time, I would find myself wearing sleeved shirts and jeans just to cover up the ugly blisters.
This problem had come to me and my husband for a several times and not knowing what to do..taking medications and other home made herbal remedy but nothing works.. except one day my grandma told me to stop eating this foods check list below:

-chicken (including chicken flavored food on noodles, soup, gravy, and even food enhancer which usually contains chicken fats)
-egg (all kinds of egg)
-tomatoes so try to avoid spaghetti, lasagna and other pasta with tomato sauce even canned sardines
-all fish with no scales
-watermelon
-seafood like shrimp,squid,crabs and almost all kind of seashell
-fish sauce, oyster sauce, shrimp paste and even dried fish

Sacrifice a little there still lot of food we can enjoy all beef,pork and fish with scales products and still lots of fruits and vegetables.
This will help a lot,try it for a week and see for yourself.
Better to continue so it will be long gone.
i recently visited houston, and during my stay, i went swimming in the pool at the hotel. i relaxed and had my arms on the coping of the pool, my back on the inside wall of the pool. the next day i noticed small bumps on my under arm and back. they itched so bad i could barely stand it. i tried calamine lotion, benedryl, cortizone creme, anti-bacterial soap and alcohol wipes. so far, nothing has helped. it feels identical to poison ivy/poison oak, but i was nowhere near either of the two. at first i assumed chlorine allergy, or maybe the chlorine was residual on the coping where they had walked around the parimeter of the pool during treatment, but its been 5 days since, and its only spreading worse. looks like small ant bites, that form a small head of puss. noticed a small area of four spots on my forehead, but mostly is on my arms, hands, and back. im afraid to hug my wife, or pick up my daughter, as i dont know if its contageous. this *****! also, i was under a great deal of stress, so my wife thinks its stress related, but im just not sure.
still hasnt subsided. i took a salt bath, and that helped with the itch for about 12 hours. now the itch is back. my wife thinks its hives related to stress, which i WAS under a enormous amount of. im not under any stress CURRENTLY, but the rash has not gone away. new spots keep popping up too. i hate this.  
I started getting the itchy bumps on my legs after being put on anxiety medicine too.  Please let me know if you come up with anything at all.  I have suffered for almost 9 years with this skin problem.  It has caused so much discomfort and inconvenience in my life that I would do just about anything to make it go away.  Please keep me posted if you come up with any answers!
Loomis13, thanks so much for the information and research.  I appreciate the info regarding the sunlight and the contact spreading to yourself.  I am a filipina female, 37 years old.   I have the tiny blistery itchy bumps all over the back of my hands too.  I've had it for the past 3 years.  I have eczema, it runs in my family.  I have had dry scaly patches on various parts of the body my whole life, but until 3 years ago, I never had anything like these little watery itchy bumps on my hands.  They showed up suddenly  and have not gone away.  I know that they definitely get worse during stressful times.  They immediately start itching.  They do not go away on their own.  When using doctor prescribed prednisone a few times, they have disappeared for a few weeks, but they always return and seem to be permanent.  Topical creams don't help (clobetasol, triamcinolone, hylatopic plus).  I've tried suffocating them with bandaids, have tried hydrogen peroxide, have tried micatin fungal spray, have soaked them in apple cider vinegar.   I cannot determine if mine gets worse with sunlight, but I'll take precautions.  Also, I will be careful about contact.  I have allergies and am always sneezing and blowing my nose.  My nose recently dried out and developed cracks inside my nostrils.  The cracks won't heal no matter what I try and the dry, flaky skin on my nose seems to keep getting worse and spreading.  I've wondered if it developed from contact with my hands.  I've most recently gone to the doctor to get tested for systemic yeast overgrowth.  The symptoms seem to correlate with what I have.  Systemic yeast overgrowth is something that's caused from within and is exacerbated by antibiotics and steroids (which I've had plenty of during my lifetime).  I find out the lab results in a few weeks and can't wait.  If that's what it is, at least I'll have an idea of how to counter it.  The skin itchy skin issue makes me feel hopeless at times.  The best anti-itch treatment I've found is meditation.  I've tried benadryl and stronger medications to keep the itching at bay, but they don't help much.  Ice helps to numb the itching when I can't ignore it.  I have food allergies (including gluten) and have steered clear from them for 10 months+ at a time.  I get frustrated when I don't see any improvement.  I'm still researching the web, hoping to find someone who found a cure.  Oh, my aunt has a skin condition on her hands just like mine.  After also trying just about everything, hers was cured/relieved by Humira.  She has rhumatoid arthritis and I guess one of the autoimmune symptoms is also the hand skin issue.  If I find anything that relieves/cures my condition, I'll post again.  Good luck to everyone!
2 years ago...I was drawn to this community of posts regarding rashes because I too broke out with a  severe painful rash at the tail end of my 7day Caribbean Cruise.
After some oral medication and skin cream, prescribed by my dermatologist, I found some mild relief.
But the best thing that I did to prevent or to make sure that it did not come back was to protect my skin.
I live in Florida and I found myself wearing 3/4 or sometimes long sleeved light shirts if I knew that I would be exposed to the outdoor sun for greater than 2 hours. I also, maintained my house very very cool.
And when my arms itched or if I even suspected that the rash was coming back....I took lukewarm to cool showers. (My skin seemed to like the colder water)

I have been doing this for 2 years now and it seems to keep the bumps at bay. Don't get me wrong....they are there....lingering....and I can barely see them when I am fine.
But if I am too long in the sun.....they will come out to remind me that I should not be out in the sun and if they start to itch, then I know I'm in trouble!!
This was recently confirmed to me 2x this year....
#1 Last month I went to a Football game and I didnt think about protecting my skin...was more concerned about what t-shirt I was going to wear to cheer the team with!
By the 4th quarter my arms were red and itching! And my Rash was on fire!
Went home and took a cool shower and put cold compresses on my arms/hands. It seemed to help....after a week it was gone.

#2 I went on another 7 day Caribbean cruise 2 weeks ago (& YES Hurricane Sandy decided to go with us!!)
Despite the rough seas, and the ship rocking us to sleep 24/7,  it was a great cruise and we visited all of our destinations. We did excursion tours at every port and most were outdoors. Of course I was too busy having a good time to protect my skin.
By the end of the cruise, my symptoms were back....red itchy painful bumps on both arms...mainly in groups of bumps...dry skin.
But thankfully I knew what to do and the bumps never formed the liquid inside and the itchiness was not severely painful as in the past.

I am wearing longer sleeves in the Florida sun, I am showering with cooler water. Drinking more water as I noticed dehydration makes my rash angry.
My skin is now very dry and almost looks like it wants to peel....but not quite. Putting lotion on it daily makes it worse so I put Eucerin on my arms 1x/week and it works.

2 years ago...this was the worst thing ever...now, its a pain, but I treat it like an ALLERGY and so I practice prevention...it not gone but it helps.

Also please note*** I found out that some of my over the counter medicines and some perscriptions have a very very teeny tiny warning that says avoid prolonged exposure to the sun!! Some interaction may trigger Sun Poisoning/Heat Rash.
My suggestion to EVERYONE is to GOOGLE ALL of your medicines and vitamins/supplements for interaction to prolonged sunlight. (or talk to your doctors/pharmacists about it!)
Good Luck to all of you!
:-)
This is my fourth time with this rash it is horrible and I don't want to even get naked in front if my boyfriend over it.it started the summer before last.it was tiny dots that itched and burned this time its worse than ever it is on my arms my armpits,torso,on the labia and thighs Dr told me it was contact dermatitis creams and everything else does not work.going to the Tanner after a month it goes away.but the intensity of the itching is horrible and they are the size if a qtip end red scabbed over I use only dial soap and perfume and dye free detergents.natural shampoo argan oil.what is this its horrible its even on my neck this time
scabies?  IF they are in rows and/ or have pencil marks between them, check and see if it could be scabies. You need nix or something that will get rid of them, and you will itch for some time after. But get it checked first. It seems odd your whole family gets it -- if they do, you are spreading it to each other.
I had the same type blistered skin.  Had a surgeon tell me that there are two types of infection - bacterial and fungal.  I finally, after 4 years of suffering and trying everything the Dermatologist, Allergist, and family Doctor gave me to use, tried an anti-fungal cream.  Put it on, covered with a bandage and left it for a day.  Immediately, the itching stopped!  It has been about 10 months now, and have only had one flair-up since, which was quickly healed.  The scarred skin has faded and it is so great to not have that anymore!   Good Luck!
I have had itchy insane burning rash for three months now . No one could tell me what it was. Found a site that may offer you some help. Look up dermatitis herpetaformis. It's related to celiac. I've been gluten free  for a week and itching has subsided quite a bit. Still feels Like bugs though. Good luck
welli had red itchy spots on arms legs for about 6months being to doctors blood test  creams and medications but not worked ,then i found sone one with a cure through prayer and now week later all gone margaret
Check out pustular psoriasis.
Was at the doc and well he told me its dermatitis and well I did eat something and I must stay away from meat,fish,nuts,milk,cheese,etc until i found out what I'm allergic 2,he gave me the Cortisone injection,talfast and prednisones,its working,burning,redness,itching,blister is going away slowly but surely,HapPY!!but stay out of the sun while you on treatment!
Hey! Did you ever find an answer for this?

I recently went to Bolivia/Peru and got a bug bites on my wrists. They turned into blisters and popped. When I got back home I went to get them checked out cus they became infected and find out there was a bit of mrsa in them. I went on septra and Bactroban. The bites were pretty itchy and reddened.

Then I started getting little vesicles (clear blisters with serous fluid) all over. I was referred to infectious diseases. I tried baths, chlorohexadine wash, and dressed my wounds with silver dressings, all while taking my septra. The mrsa was gone from my wounds but I kept getting the vesicles everywhere and they're soo itchy. All my blood work was normal.

I'm going to be seeing a dermatologist pretty soon. I'm now gonna try doxycycline which also can be used for acne to see if it will help. And I use the salicyclic acid for my vesicles. Seems to dry them out some.

Let me know your progress please!!! I've had this now for about a month and its driving me nuts.

opps spelled ringworm wrong, but i always do. No "W".

I have ringworm incognito, which eventually morphs into everything in the book under the heading of: "Skin rash". I have had it for over a month. The doctor's treatment is no better than mine. Itis now starting to head for Leprosy. No kidding.

The fluid that comes out of the tiny blisters is sticky and hardens into a hard crust. This is the creature protecting itself from the stuff we put on our skin. It sometimes seems to go away if you keep it dry dry dry, but it will come back.

The "weeping" of the rash, i believe, means infection, and especially if the rash gets red and also if there is swelling. Infection can be dangerous.

Black walnut drops at Wegmans or any health food store are really good. You can also get the capsules.

Today i tried putting a Sulfa tablet in the little blender; it turned to powder very nicely; i put it on my hands and arms, which are nearly raw; it did string, but the swelling really went down fast.

Remember: donot put cortisone/steroid on ringworm or youwill get ringworm incognito.

I find oils and grease spread the rash, as well as that fluid that comes out of the blisters. I am going to start using non-oil skin lotion etc. on my skin because itis sooooo dry, and why this has happened in the first place.

I forgot and just had some peppermint tea which counteracts the black walnut, and now i am starting to itch again.
I have been having something similar to many of you.  Mine started about 4 weeks ago with little raised blisters around my ankles that itched like crazy at night and when first getting out of bed.    At first I thought they were hives.  I have been experiencing alot of stress, lately, so I attributed it to that, rather than an allergic reaction.  They started spreading up my legs to my knees.  I took oatmeal baths to help with the itching.  The first one I took, I ran the water a little on the hot side.  As soon as I stepped into the tub, the hives/blisters immediately began to swell and spread up my legs.  So, mine are definitely made worse by heat.  I concluded that maybe that is why it is worse at night, when my legs are under the covers and get warm.  Soon, the blisters started on my wrists and spread up to my elbows.

In the past 7-8 months I have had severe depression and have just started having severe anxiety attacks for the first time in my life.  (I'm 46.)  My mental state has been so severe that I was unable to work for several months, which has put us under alot of financial stress.  I have been on 4 different anti-depressants and finally found one that works, so my depression is better.  I still have the anxiety, but nothing like when I was having 6 - 10 attacks a week.  Now I might have 2 - 3.  I am also taking Klonipin for anxiety.  (I noticed some other people mentioned a possible link to anti-anxiety meds?)  I have returned to work, and that has been stressful being busy and trying to catch up financially.

In January, I had Shingles.  My doctor attributed it to all of the stress I have been under and a weakened immune system.  When these blisters started showing up, I thought maybe it was a recurrance of the Shingles, but they did not feel or look the same.  When I had Shingles, it was (and usually is) on just one side of my body and ran in rows along the nerve path, which is what Shingles usually do.  With the blisters, I didn't have the intense pain that I had with Shingles, just itching.  But, I wonder if this condition might somehow be related to Shingles and/or having a weakened immune system?

After about 2 weeks, I went to my doctor.  The blisters were pretty much gone, but I had scabs all over from the itching.  Some were infected so he gave me an antibiotic.  He looked at my sores and said he thought it was scabies or bed bugs.  However, one of the "signs" of scabies is a black dot in the middle of the blister and having them between your fingers.  I didn't have either one of those things.  I told him I had not stayed in a hotel or any bed other than my own for a long time, and that my husband sleeps in the same bed I do, and he does not have the blisters.  So, he basically didn't have an answer to me except that it was probably the stress or some kind of allergic reaction to something I was coming into contact with, and to take Benadryl.

Two days later, (a Saturday), the blisters were back with a vengeance.  Even the places that had scabbed over were developing new blisters underneath the scabs.  My doctor's office was closed, so when I called the doctor on call, he said to go to the ER.  The ER doctor looked at my sores and said "It's scabies."  Again, I went over the signs of scabies and bed bugs with her, and the fact that my husband didn't have it, and she dropped that diagnosis.  The ER doc finally agreed that it might just be stress that was causing the hives, or some kind of allergic relation to something I was coming into contact with.  She prescribed a Prednisone dose pack - where they start you on a high dose and then lower the dosage day by day for 5 or 6 days.  She also told me to increase my anti-anxiety meds - to take one in the morning as well as at bedtime, to try to keep my stress and anxiety level down.  After 2 - 3 days on the dose pack, double doses of Klonipin, many cool oatmeal baths, oral Benadryl every 4 hours and calamine lotion, the blisters and itching finally started to go away.  (And let me tell you, I was a zombie, as both the Klonipin and Benadryl make you sleepy, and I was taking them all day long.)

I saw my psychiatrist the next week and he said that it was very likely caused by my stress and anxiety and that he has seen other patients have the same thing.  He agreed with the ER doc that I should stay on the double dose of my anti-anxiety meds to keep my stress and anxiety in check.

About 10 days after I finished the Prednisone, the blisters came back.  This time, they spread from my ankles to my hips and from my wrists to my shoulders, and a new patch on my neck and up to my chin and side of my face.  Back to my doctor.  He still didn't know what it was - - he is guessing more allergic reaction than stress-induced.  He prescribed a longer regimen of Prednisone.  Yesterday, I had been on the highest dose for 5 days and was supposed to decrease the dosage, but I still did not have any relief from the blisters like I had with the dose pack after a few days.  Called the doc back and he said to stay on the higher dose for a few more days and go see a dermatologist, because he was out of ideas.

So, that's where I'm at.  I feel like the Prednisone is finally working, I don't have any new blisters, just scabbed over ones.  I have some itching, but I'm still taking Benadryl and using calamine lotion, and shopping for a good Dermatologist.

I was talking to a friend about it today and she said it sounded like something her husband had been having for years.  His recurs on his arms and legs every spring.  He had tried everything, eliminating different things from his diet, using hypo-allergenic laundry soap, etc., and nothing ever helped.  Finally, he saw a dermatologist who gave him an accurate disgnosis:  Polymophous Light Eruption, "an itchy rash caused by sun exposure in people who have developed a sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity). The rash usually appears as red, tiny bumps or slightly raised patches of skin.  Polymorphous light eruption occurs most often during spring and early summer when a person's exposure to sunlight increases. Repeat episodes are less likely as the summer progresses, but polymorphous light eruption often recurs each year after the first incident."  This is from a Mayo Clinic article at this link:  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymorphous-light-eruption/DS00911   It goes on to say that some people might experience it in the winter if they travel to tropical locations where their exposure to UV rays, etc. would be higher than normal during the winter.  (I noticed many of you mentioning your outbreaks had happened following trips to Florida or the Caribbean.  Any way, now that they KNOW what it is, her husband goes to the dermatologist every Spring and he gives him either the steriod dose-pack or an injection of steriod.  She says that this decreases his outbreaks measurably while is skin is adjusting to the summer's increased sunlight.  The doctor also told him to keep the skin very moisturized - he is supposed to apply lotion every day after showering.

So, I'm not sure that this is what I have - - we haven't had much increased sunlight yet here in the Upper Midwest, and my ankles definitely haven't been exposed to the sun, but it sounds like it might be an answer to what many of you are saying your symptoms are.  (At least there's ONE doctor out there who knows what's going on!)  Hope this helps!
I have been experiencing the same thing as all of you in this thread.  It seems no one has an answer as to what is causing the nasty little itch.

Has anyone thought about blood types?  A shot in the dark but what the heck.  I am A positive.
I have been having the same outbreaks that you are referring to.  I have been tested for celiacs and it came back negative.  One thing that puzzles me, I was on a pile of steroids during a terrible outbreak and it did nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
this sounds exactly like the itchy bumps i get.  they look similar to a misquito bite but perfect circles , not red until scratched open. then scab up and new ones appear daily. this has been for at least 7 years or longer. no answers....
My blisters appeared for the first time after I used a tanning bed.  My body seems allergic to strong UV light because when I take a Claratin it keeps these things in check.  Perhaps you can try taking an antihistamine that works for you (Claratin, Zyrtec, Allegra) and stick with in for a month.  For me, I need to take Claratin for 3 weeks straight after intense sunlight (i.e. going outside for an hour at noon or spending 10 minutes in a tanning bed).  It seems to take about that long for my body to fight the allergic reaction.
My experience with blistery rash lends me to believe this is from combination of food/environmental allergy and low immune system.

I use salt to scrub clean then soap to cleanse.  All natural anti itch to sooth.

Simply diet to reduce allergy and help body cleanse.
Hello;
I have been suffering with this a short time compared to those in this feed.  I have small red spots that turn into blisters on my left elbow and left knee.  I went to a doctor we took some blood work and I am waiting on the results.  I wanted to post this so I could let people know what I have done..what is working so far in reducing symptoms and keeping this contained.  For the record I agree with rfrarina " My experience with blistery rash lends me to believe this is from combination of food/environmental allergy and low immune system."

My basis for agreeing is that only the exposed areas of my skin have obtained this rash, when covered,treated and separated from other areas the rash seems to clear up. My knee is clear and elbow where the breakout began is starting to clear up.
So I bought the following to disinfect and clean my environment then me.
For ME:
Borax Detergent
Bleach or bleach product such as clorox clean up liquid
Aloe Vera gel
Tea tree oil and creme (I purchased at Puritans pride)
Orange or citrus oil
Neem oil
peppermint oil
Combine  a little of all ingredients in a bath as hot as you can stand.  Some say to add salt, I havent tried that yet but I will.  Keep your body in the bath at least 15- 20 min.  I do this at night before bed.  After I am dry I use a cream made of tea tree cream, neem oil, orange oil,peppermint oil and a little aloe vera.  Once that dries I apply permethin cream 5% over every part of me, I did not get this with a script, you can buy it on Amazon.
In the am I wash with sulfur soap which is all natural and reapply the homemade cream.  I have switched what I eat and included diatomaceous earth (FOOD GRADE ONLY) in my daily regimen for at least a short time to detoxify my body. (there are other benefits to this -read up on it)
ENVIRONMENT;
Sterifab (initially)-and natural mite sprays (daily)
Borax to add to all laundry
I use the DE on the furniture and have used in cracks and crevices along with between mattress and box springs.
I have also purchased a product called Sterifab, it is for mold and mildew..bed mites, etc.  I have used this product for many, many years to kill mildew, etc and it works well so I treated all bedding before putting down the DE.  I also treated the mattress and pillows with both kinds of sprays.  There are products that ARE natural that will do the same thing.
Wash all clothing with the Borax additive, along with your regular soap in hot water.
I am thinking about buying a small steamer and if all this does not work, I probably will along with however my doctor wants to treat once the blood work comes in. I just remember years ago speaking to a exterminator when I asked how to treat for any type of bug, whether it be fleas, ants, roaches whatever..what are the most successful types of treatment, sprays, baits..etc..He said "oh you never use one kind of treatment to kill a pest, they become immune to what you are using. you always use multiple treatments and always switch what you use."
I notice doctors do the same thing, trying different things..also there is something else I have that works on bacterial infections is tincture of violet(there are variations), or Black Walnut tincture these all work for impetigo which is also similar to what is being described here.  It stains everything it comes in contact with however..toothpaste will remove the violet from most hard surfaces.  It will help if this is the type of infection you have , research it first.

Sherlockdigs,
I have the exact same problem. It usually happens on the inside of the my left leg around the knee area and between the knee and the ankle. Now it happens on my elbow area. It's off and on for about 3-4months now. I'm so concerned, and my doctor only told me that, like you said, it's allergy and that I may have touched a poison oak. But I have never come to the park on near any bushes for the last many years. I've never had this problem before, and this is freaking me out. All my doctor gave me to try is Topicort, and it doesn't help much. I've been using an over-the-counter ointment for insect bites, poison oak, itching, etc. and it helps stopping the itching. Could it be bed bug bites? :/ I'm going back to my doctor today and hope he could give me better ointment or something better to cure it and give me a better explanation than just poison ivy or sumac. Please share if you have better solution. Thanks.
It's been 11/2 yrs since a small patch started on my arm, they would get so itchy, clear liquid seep out, some bleed from scratching, I have used everything I could think of. I thought it was from washing hands too much or maybe I picked up a skin rash, but it would go away for a few days , then it would hit me again. It's been very embarrassing to wear short sleeves, they look like small bumps all on my arm. Now my other arm ,or my wrist has a patch of these blisters. I cover it up, I've cleaned it. I'm scared to know what it is, then I get nervous to find out. I live in a hot arid climate, my life has goo/bad stress,who doesn't. I thought I was the only one, hope someone has a cure, please!!!
Hmm.  I started getting these itchy bumps about a year and a half back.  Almost exclusively on my legs.  It started out with maybe for or five spots on my legs and ankles. They tend to weep a clear liquid that will crust over.  It would take a while for them to heal, longer than a typical bug bite so I went to a dermatologist who diagnosed me with molloscum contageousum.  He said this was a common skin problem caused by a virus that I probably contracted from my small children.  He said that it would clear up on its own within 18 to 24 months.  I took his word for it.  I think he was wrong after looking into it further and reading this thread.  

After the initial outbreak (April of 2012) in a few spots on my legs and ankles.  I would see periodic outbreaks with a spot or two over the next year.  Never more than 4 or 5 and usually only one or two problem spots that took a long time to heal ( itchy with this clear gooey crust).

I didn't see an outbreak for the past six months until Monday when I went out hiking in the woods with my wife and kids here in the southeast US. That night I woke up itching from what I figured was a chigger bite.  I noticed about 6 or 7 spots that I thought must be chiggers, but, guess what. Over the next day I developed those same looking itchy bumps that weeped this clear amber stuff .  This time however I counted twenty four.  All on my legs with one on my stomach and one on each hip.  They really itched at first and the three on my thigh were larger with red welts.  The itching has abated somewhat but it is uncomfortable to wear work clothes.  It is a burning sensation when putting on long pants over the three welts on my thigh.
A couple weeks ago my hand itched really bad in one area, but there was nothing there. I woke up the next morning and there was about 6 blisters in one area, the place where it itched and burned the day before. 5 days after it popped up, it was all one huge blister and I went to the dr and they told me it was some kind of insect bite which was wrong. They give me bactrim and it did nothing...my hand got worse. That was two weeks ago, 3 nights ago, 4 more little blisters popped up in the same area and were there when I woke up the next morning. Then the next night another blister came up. I went back to a different dr today who said she thinks it is a viral infection like shingles but I've never in my life had chicken pocs...can someone please help me out!!!!
my blisters are about the size of a pimple and water filled like a burn and itch like hell I normally scratch them till they bleed which relieves the itching a bit but not altogether I once asked my doctor what this was and he said it was dry skin funniest looking dry skin iv ever seen so I havnt bothered 4 about 6yrs but I would love for them to go away x
I have found the cure after trying everything....

Triamcilone acetonide.

You can get it OTC in Nasacort nasal spray. Just spray you know where a few times in the evening (when it itched the most fir me). Five days later and everything is gone. Like a miracle.
they are from chiggers, they inject you when bitten to eat skin then they become really itchy, some blister, some scab and there are holes, some can get infected.
I have had this twice now. I'm literally going crazy with the itching. It started on my hands, feet, and the back of my neck in the hair line. Then it moved to arms and torso both times. I too went to the doctor and was prescribed prednisone but it didn't help and the medicine made me miserable as well. I have used Cortisone creams and sprays, Sarna lotion and prescribe cream but nothing helps.The first time I also had sores in my nose but didn't think they were related chalking it up to sinuses or allergies. This second time I had the same thing but not as bad as the first but it actually happened a few days before the rash broke out, so now I'm beginning to think they are somehow related. Has anybody else had any issues with their noses? I'm wondering if I'm not breathing in something that is triggering it? Also, the only thing that I have found to give me some temporary relief both times is Gold Bond Medicated Powder and Claritin (taken for several days).
Hi, I am a fellow sufferer and really enjoyed what you wrote.  Thank you very much for sharing your findings.  I suddenly came down with the same affliction in Jun 2014 and have been told by my doctor that it's stress related.  I only have sensitive skin, never had eczema although I suffer from mild asthma.  

Unfortunately for me, new tiny blisters keep coming up where the old patches have more or less healed so I have yet to have blister-free days since this problem started.

Best regards
Lily from Singapore
  any good diagnosis for anyone?  I suffer from the same thing, randomly at different times for no reason.. mine seem to start when mosquito bites are apparent, but new tiny scratches which turn into sores, scabs, burning itching appear even when I have no new bites from mosquitos.   thank you
I have been dealing with this as well for about 3 years( give or take) I did find some thing that has worked for me. It is healing and going away. It has been about 2 days and it feels much better.
It is all natural cream. If you are still having issues email me at
***@****
I Thank you for your post as this is exactly what I have been going through. The Dermatologist think that I have Porphyria cutanea tarda. Sun sensitive most definitely. My outbreaks seem to happen 3 to 5 days after being exposed to sun. I also get sores in my nose and then on my lip.
My outbreak always happens 3-4 days after excess sunlight too.  I tested negative for porphyria cutanea, but it was discovered I had hypothyroidism.  I started on synthroid and it helped some symptoms (less itchy, smaller bumps) but they were still there.  I also had a vitamin D deficiency which I assume you might also have since I was hiding from the sun for 6 years from when it all started.  The majority of my rash happens on hands, front and back, sometimes on my forearm and the worst outbreaks I have had made it to the sides of my face and a blister or two on my lips.  I have no cure for mine, I just take a daily claratin, synthroid, and now Vitamins D, C, E, and probiotics.  Taking all that alleviated my symptoms by 90% but the outbreaks still occur... but they are much more manageable now.  Best I can tell is I have some sort of autoimmune disease which is caused by anything that causes oxidative stress i.e. excess sunlight, excess alcohol, excess psychological stress... I just try to stay away from the "excess" part and I can now live my life without wanting to end it.  Best of luck, I hope some of my notes make something click in your own problems and lead you to the right doctors and medicines.
I just read that when you have Nickel sensitivity that you need to avoid all the foods that have nickel and there are a lot of really healthy foods that have nickel~ like spinach and kale!! OMG!  I am going to experiment with foods before I stop altogether, kale is hard to let go of and I've been eating it for a long time with no problem, but maybe bc i ate so much pineapple i have made myself sensitive to everything that has it.  So i can give up pineapple but kale will be very hard to do and spinach too.  Look up the list of foods that have nickel.  I also took a bath in dead sea salts which have nickel chromium and cobalt all which cause dishydrosis (blistering skin rash on hands and other places) so that may have kicked it all off and then the foods just aggravate it.
I've had this twice now. I've also had shingles, but this is not shingles. But it has a similar cause. Herpes. Shingles is caused by the Herpes Zoster virus (chicken pox). This rash is caused by Herpes Simplex 1. 90% of people have this virus, most get it as a child. However, just like with shingles, the virus stays with you dormant until something brings it out. It can be stress, illness, immune issues, or sunlight exposure.

My first outbreak was last year and at first I thought that it was contact dermatitis from a headband I wore. But It then popped up all over the place and lasted for weeks. Now I have another outbreak that started after I was out all day in the sun. I have it on the inside of my elbow and forearm, on the to of my thigh and at my waist. I do think that it also has a contact element where irritation can bring it out.

I'm going to try some over the counter herpes ointments and also take Lysine to see if that helps. If can, I will go to the dermatologist to confirm.
ok, back from the dermatologists. Actually I saw the PA, but I was happy to get an appt on short notice. She thinks it's either poison ivy or contact dermatitis with an allergic reaction. It's not shingles or other herpes rash. I really don't think it's PI. I did get an antibiotic and steroid ointment to put on it. It's almost over in some spots, but the spot on my thigh is very inflamed and looks like it might ooze. She thinks I have a secondary bacterial infection on that spot, which is why I need the antibiotic ointment.
I have been reading all of these sufferer's symptoms. Most symptoms I have, some I don't. For six months I have tried to figure out what causes these blisters on arms legs and torso. I started by eliminating all the things I love to eat. That didn't work. I put lotions on, rubbed salt into the wounds (which kinda helped), and finally saw a dermatologist who treated the symptoms. That gave me some relief. But it kept coming back. Then a PA suggested that it wasn't what I was putting in my body, or touching with my skin, maybe it was something that I wasn't doing, like getting enough vitamin D, or enough protein. Yeah. That didn't work. So maybe it was something I was DOING.  Well, I know what I was doing, all the time (I'm retired), from the get-go.  I was playing World of Warcraft on my laptop for at least 12 hours a day. That little computer really heats up while I am busy fighting monsters, it get's so hot I can't touch the keys.  It rested on my lap.  Under the clothes, I'm hot and sweating. And breaking out in little blisters.  I don't know if there is a name for it, so I'm gonna call it "laptop itch."  It's an elaborate heat rash reserved specially for those of us who like to battle the Horde on laptops. I had to move the computer to a table top and restrict my playing to 2 or 3 hours a day. Real life has returned to normal.
  Oh, and dust. Dust swirls around the electrically charged laptop. It sticks to whatever it finds, like the tv screen attracting dust. Same thing. It gets into the heat-opened pores on your body and clogs 'em up. Then when you sweat, little blisters form. It basic heat rash stuff, aggravated by dust. Vacuum your immediate environment to within an inch of it's life. You might find that helps. And do a quick rinse off of the dust from your body in your shower before you go to bed. Clean sheets every week. It's working for me finally.
Heaven help us! First week of July I went to the virgin islands, went swimming in the ocean on the first day and on second day had a small patch of red, irritated, bump like areas to right inner wrist.  Didn't pay much attention to because I have very sensitive skin and the smallest thing makes it itch and it then becomes red and swollen.  This was the only issue I had for the entire week I was there and there was plenty of swimming.  The day after returning ( 2 months ago) I found myself itching the hell out of my lower legs, and noticed straight lines of blisters, and then the fun began!  Mine start as a small red bump that appears to be a tiny white head which of coarse itches and within a day or 2 it becomes a small blister which itches even more.  Then  once you itch it, and break the blister, it spreads the liquid from the blister causing more which makes this so fun, haha. I was sure I had brought home some weird contagious disease.  It took a month for those few areas I had to go away and that was with babysitting them and making sure I didn't itch them.  But as soon as one patch healed I would find another patch or one or two more blisters somewhere else. Now have scars from the ones that have healed.  I have freaked myself out panicking about scabies and bed bugs and herpes and etc.  My brother informed me that it was probably from the mango tree because it has sumac which is the same liquid in poison ivy, but treatment for that didn't help.  I treated these patches with everything from rubbing alcohol, vinegar, poison ivy remedies, oatmeal, hydrocortisone creams and blah, blah, blah.  I also don't have a lot of stress, no kids, house is paid for, like my job.  Really, no stress.  Also did not and don't spend a great deal of time in sun due to sensitive skin and if I do I wear high spf rated sun screen. Had a biopsy done, no results yet.  Mine are primarily on my lower legs but have an occasional one or two somewhere else on the body.  The only thing that has helped me with my itching is anti-fungal cream like Tinactin and ice for itching.  My dermatologist also prescribed me something called Atarax but you have to take at night because it makes you sleepy but it allows sleep.  But I just came across a possible cause for some that is called swimmer's itch.  It can be from oceans, lakes and pools.  Type of parasite, but according to web-sites, it only lasts for a couple of weeks.  Many different types of rashes and infections related to swimming but I am not certain of anything at this point.  I pray for all of us that there is someone out there that might have an idea or even and glimpse of hope for this insanity. Thanks for reading
The exact thing happened to me! I went to the Virgin Islands a few years ago and went swimming in the ocean. That night my lower legs became very itchy. I woke up with a horrid rash on both my lower legs that itched to no end. I tried everything to get rid of it and nothing brought relief. The itching was unbearable! I was also convinced I brought home some kind of foreign illness. But no doctor could tell me what it was or how I got it. It took over a month to go away. I still have scars from where the bumps were. I was shocked to see someone else experienced this as well! Swimmers itch would make sense, and that it was caused by some kind of bacteria.
I've had the shingles Fr two weeks first rash now blisters now blisters are gone but their or lesions that is clearing up but itching if I scratch it will the blisters come back or will it continue to heal
I also have itchy spots that turn into blisters. They did biopsies on my legs about 10 years ago when I broke out from head to toe for a year to the day. Antihistamines and steroids I was given until I ballooned up and could not walk. I was told it was a highly allergic reaction to something, but they could not figure out what. I could not go out in the sun. Do anything. I was on a sedative at night that did not help me sleep. A year later I woke up and it was gone like it never happened. I have not had a problem until three months ago and I have them back on the bottom of my feet, ankles and my wrists. All I can think is please, not again. The itching is horrific.
Been having the small pimples with clear liquid that itch for about 1.5 years. Started only on my feet and ankles the first few times. They come for a couple weeks and go for a few weeks to months sometimes. They are not plenty, about 1 every few hours. The big thing I noticed is that they come almost in pairs; if I got one on the top of the left foot, soon after I would get one on top of the right foot in almost the same spot. They are generally quite small. With each episode they would go a bit higher on the legs, just above the knees, and started on my arms below the elbow. Same thing on the arms, get one on the right, and soon after in the same spot on the left. The second thing I noticed is they would appear above a vein. It was clear to see this on the feet, ankles and wrists. 99% of the time it was like this. This recent episode has lasted a bit longer and for the first time they went above the knees and elbows. And for the first time in these new areas they did not appear in pairs on both sides of the body. In the last two days they have calmed a bit but two on my left arm are not healing quickly and one is infected (looks like a sting with bubbled skin around it, around half inch in diameter). I've been to the doctor the first time it happened. I got the standard "maybe bug bites, poison from walking in fields..." even though I told them I am the only one in the family with it and they apear in pairs. Got the typical cortizone cream that does nothing. I'll likely go back to the clinic Saturday to get something for the infected one. I bet they'll just think it is a bug bite. I'm losing hope that we will figure this out.
wow. this sounds dead on to whats going on w me...
Same here.  First time I have ever seen a description that is so similar.  I have been able to determine that sunlight and (sadly) beer both make it worse.
No actual solution to this or no definite information as to what causes these little bumps that cause so much trouble.. but thought I would chip in info on what I have noticed. I eat a healthy clean vegan diet and I notice that I tend to get these little itchy bumps when I eat more unhealthy foods. Like if I drink too much alcohol or even take pain killers too much oil fried food sugar etc etc.. I know theres a lot of false information out there (particularly about alkaline and acid forming foods) but I believe everyone should know their own body and all that but try eating lots of greens coconut water and just more water in general and see if they calm down or go away.. ? Cause that seems to be a cure for me.
I went to school for cosmetology and worked in a dermatologists office for a while. This is typically folliculitis. It can spread if you scratch and it will infect other hair follicles nearby.
Dry skin can make it worse. There are a lot of at home treatments if you can't see a dermatologist and sometimes a good pcp can diagnose this. Google the word folliculits, and see if your symptoms are the same and look at some images of slight, moderate and extreme folliculitis this might help. There are numerous causes for ex. Using certain shampoos for hair thickening, tight clothing, or sitting or resting skin on something for prolonged period of time (that's where bumps would usually show). This condition is caused by blocked/hair follicles causing excess sebum(oil) or sweat  getting trapped inside.