tiny itchy bumps on face, neck, ears

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

tiny itchy bumps on face, neck, ears

hi, my face suddenly erupted with tiny itchy bumps, wonder if anyone has any advice?
it started with a small patch around my earlobes, then spread along my jaw and then finally covers my whole face and about halfway down the front of my neck as well as the back of my ears. the back of my neck has nothing.
they are really tiny, and look like perennial goosebumps that itch, making my skin feel really rough.
it kind of looks like the pictures of rosacea i've googled, except that 1) i'm asian and fairly dark skinned (about olive-y colour) 2) the bumps are not accompanied by flushed skin, except a faint blush on my cheeks that's a little redder than usual but not very ostentatiously red. it only turns redder if i scratch it.
taking piriton (anti histamine) helps, but doesn't make the condition completely disappear, only calms it a little. it flares up again after a few hours though~
i recently dyed my hair for the first time, does it have any connection?

thank you very much for your help~

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions to the hair dye.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. He could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. He need to maintain a good personal hygiene . Wear lose comfortable clothes. Wash all your linen and towels etc with a disinfectant solution.

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.
hihi~
after a few more face flushes i thought it might be rosacea after all. is it possible? but does it happen to asians? because i'm quite the opposite of the usual description of rosacea victims.
i tried calamine lotion and it helps with the itch, thank you very much!
i'm still taking piriton to calm it down~
i'm waiting to see if it goes away/mitigates in a day or so, if not i'll see a doctor.

thank you very much for your help!
I have exactly the same condition and i'm looking for answers as well...It started about 3-4 days ago, and nothing seems to work, i'm visiting the doctor tomorrow so if anything works ill let you know, Im also dark-olive skinned. Good luck to the both of us

While rosacea cannot be cured, it can be treated and controlled. A dermatologist, a medical doctor who specializes in diseases of the skin, often treats rosacea. Treatment goals are to control the condition and improve appearance.

Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder primarily of convexities of the central part of the FACE, such as FOREHEAD; CHEEK; NOSE; and CHIN. It is characterized by FLUSHING; ERYTHEMA; EDEMA; RHINOPHYMA; papules; and ocular symptoms.

Doctors usually prescribe a topical antibiotic, such as metronidazole, that is applied directly to the affected skin.

For people with more severe cases, doctors often prescribe an oral (taken by mouth) antibiotic. Tetracycline, minocycline, erythromycin, and doxycycline are the most common antibiotics used to treat rosacea. Some people respond quickly, while others require long-term therapy.

Isotretinoin may be considered as a treatment option for all forms of severe or therapy-resistant rosacea.

Sunscreens, particularly those that protect against ultraviolet A and B light waves and have a sun-protecting factor (SPF) of 13 or higher, are recommended for all people with rosacea.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

I know this forum is oldthe but there is  nothing else online that fits my description except this one! Someone please help! I have the exact description of the original post. Started from the jaw line and now spread behind ears and all over cheeks and forehead. It looks like rosacea also tiny bumps but mine comes and goes and i dont take anything for it. Im also olive skin but im italian. Anyone who can give me any answers please i cannot figure this out i went to a dermatologist and got cream that made it worse im trying to not have to go back. Thanks!
I have exactly the same symptoms as well, and haven't had any luck finding any other advice online. Has anyone found a cure or relief?
I have the same condition. Have had it for years. My skin is also very oily and very itchy. The bumps are all over my face and look like tiny pimples but nothing comes out of them. The dermotologist has tried every prescription and cream but nothing helps. I am at wits end. I hate the way I look in pictures, my skin is so bumpy and uneven and shiny. Also the itching drives me crazy!