Dermatology Community
tiny pink/red bumps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tiny pink/red bumps

Hello, around the end of november I noticed between my lower buttcheeks there were tiny pink bumps, not grouped together, but 3 right in a row on each buttcheek. They were not painful at all, until i started messing with them then they became slightly tender. I picked at them at first, then poked them with a needle and applied antibiotic ointment. The ones on one cheek went away after about 2-3 weeks, the others on the opposite side remained as bumps, I picked them again and they bled and remained, finally I started putting bactroban on them and the bumps went away, but now there are tiny scars where they were, the ones that scarred were there for 5-6 weeks. Again, they were not painful or itchy untill I stabbed them with a needle. I do shave that area, which probably doesnt need shaving, and I mostly shave with water, I would like to know what they sound like, I have been freaking out about herpes, but from what I have read, they wouldnt last that long, and most likely would be hard bumps that stayed, help please...I need to start sleeping again.

This discussion is related to Eczema or Herpes.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to folliculitis. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...