tiny water bumps?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

tiny water bumps?

I am nineteen and very active athletically. After going to the beach or after i play sports, as today, i notice tiny pinpoint blister-like sacs around my forearms and torso. They do not itch or irritate me in anyway, but I have never noticed them till this year. When I push them down they "pop" and I can tell a small amount of water is in them. I am pretty concerned. I do not know whether they can be something that can affect my overall health. I would really appreciate any feedback.
Avatar dr f tn

This may be a case of sweat rash or contact dermatitis. Another possible consideration here is  a photosensitivity reaction. However, you have noted the blisters to occur in covered areas of the body and not necessarily in sun exposed areas, is this correct?

I suggest that you change clothes after engaging in activities that cause excessive sweating. Do not allow your wet clothes to dry on the skin. Also, if possible avoid direct and prolonged sun exposure. Have this assessed by your dermatologist. Sweat and heat appear to aggravate the condition.  Thus, it is best to avoid these possible triggers.