tiny white dots on upper & lower lips
I have a white dots spot on my lower lips from last many years and I never had a unsafe sex.Few months back I noticed that both of my upper and lower lips are having tiny white dots.I went to doctor and he give me some medicines 1) zincolak (zinc sulphate caps) + 2) flu tivin tube (skin cream bp) for a week.According to him its a sometime of deficiency or dead cells with will be cured with this medicine.I can't see any progress in the state and my question here is what exactly this problem is and what should I do to get rid of these tiny white dots.One more thing they a invisible if the lips are in normal condition but will be clear visible if I stretch them and there is no irritation or pain associated with it. Pls help [
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough, but it sounds like Fordyce spots. They are small yellowish-white granules on the inner surface and border of the lips.
Treatment of Fordyce spots includes CO2 laser or electro desiccation, TCA chemical peels(temporary treatment),diathermy or laser vaporization. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.