tired of dealing with eczema

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

tired of dealing with eczema

I have what i think is eczema on my genitals, my 10 year old daughter complains of this too. Mine is itchy but also very painful. It comes and goes. When i get it, it is mostly a split, like a tear, this hurts alot. What do I do? How can I treat this on my own at home?
The symptoms are due to eczema which is due to dryness of skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used , whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid .But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.