treating ringworm to the face of toddler

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My daugther is 3 years old and has a ringworm on her jaw line. We treated it at home and it appeared to go away but it eventually returned and grew larger especially because of her scratching it. The doctor prescribed Oxistat to treat it and we haven't seen much change in 2 days. I am just wondering how long it takes before we should see a change. Also should she be taking an oral antifungal medication especially because of the location of the ringworm and it has grown at least double in size.  I just do not want this fungus to grow any more on her face. Is there anything else I can do?
sdl
Tags: oxsitat, toddlers, RING WORM
Wait and watch for a couple of weeks after external application. Animal fungal infections do resist treatment and persist for a longer period.
Best wishes.