treatment for nitric acid burn following removal of pre-cancerious lesi...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

treatment for nitric acid burn following removal of pre-cancerious lesions

My dermotologist removed 8 spots recently from my chest which looked more like age spots to me but she said they were damage from the sun.  she burned them off with nitric acid I believe.  Thewy are healing but look brownis/freckley still and a bit pinky.  what can I use to soothe them and prevent scaring?
Dermatitis and rdeness of skin are common after nitric acid usage. Apply calamine lotion or aloe vera gel and wear cotton clothes. Also do not mess with these and they should heal fine. If there is increased redness or pain, then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
Thank you dor your response to my question as I was awaiting a call from my doctor. I later found the office had forgotten to tell me to apply bacitracin to the spots following cleaning. I have also used copper serum from my skincare line to aid in the healing.  The office said the chemical was liquid notrogen, and I am assuming that is basically the same thing. Is there further post-op treatment to reduce scaring possibilities besides aloe.?
Thanks again for your help with my question.  KLW