treatment for vitiligo

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

treatment for vitiligo

i need treatment for vitiligo but i don't know what to use. i would prefer something simple and effective. nothing drastic like surgery. my condition is not serious but it is urgent. please help. thanks
Treatment options for vitiligo include steroids, psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting, micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants. However the choice of therapy depends on the number of white patches; their location, sizes, and how widespread they are and the option that is convenient to you. I would suggest  you to discuss these options with a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for the answer. is there no cream that i could possibly use?
Steroid creams may be helpful in repigmenting (returning the color to) white patches, particularly if they are applied in the initial stages of the disease but they should be used under medical supervision. Psoralen and ultraviolet A therapy (PUVA) therapy is also helpful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers