treatment of heat rash on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

treatment of heat rash on penis

I've developed some sort of heat rash on my penis, presumably from having unprotected and un-lubricated sex for too long. It is no longer causing pain and it seems to be healing slowly, but I want to try and prevent any chance of long-term scarring.

Symptoms:
Blotchy patches of slightly red skin on head of penis
Areas appear to be somewhat shiny, but are not puffy or callused
Areas are more prominent when penis is erect, and are almost unnoticeable when flaccid (hard to show a doctor)
Areas have been present for 2 weeks, and seem to be slowly subsiding
No itchiness or burning or pain associated (except for the day after the initial sex)

Again I simply want to make sure this does not cause any long-term damage. I am keeping sexually activity to a minimum. Is there maybe an over-the-counter cream I could use to accelerate healing/prevent scarring?

Thank you so much,

Tom
These red blotches can be due to dermatitis , contact dermatitis or friction rub. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.