triamcinolone acetonide cream

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

triamcinolone acetonide cream

can triamcinolone acetonide cream be used on "tags"? I am 70 yrs young and have many tags all over the upper parts of my body between my waist and up to and including my neck. Also,  I have a tube of it that has the date of Jun 10 on the crimp. Does that mean it isn't good anymore?.

Triamcinolone is a high potency steroid and should be used only under a dermatologist’s guidance. It wont cause the skin tags to fall. Skin tag is a benign condition and you do not have to worry about it. These tiny skin growths generally cause no symptoms unless they are repeatedly irritated. The commonest area where they occur are armpits, groins, neckfolds etc. Treatment options include removing with scissors, freezing (using liquid nitrogen), and burning (using medical electric cautery at the physician's office). You should consult a dermatologist to find out which treatment is the best one for you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.