triamcinolone acetonide cream

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

triamcinolone acetonide cream

can triamcinolone acetonide cream be used on "tags"? I am 70 yrs young and have many tags all over the upper parts of my body between my waist and up to and including my neck. Also,  I have a tube of it that has the date of Jun 10 on the crimp. Does that mean it isn't good anymore?.
  • Skin Tag (1 replies):
    I'm a little unsure what this is and I'm not sure when i...[more]
  • skin tags (1 replies):
    I have developed what seem to be skin tags around the ou...[more]
  • Skin Tag? (1 replies):
    My child has had a skin tag on their anus for a long tim...[more]
  • Skin Tag (1 replies):
    I have a skin tag on my neck that recently has turned bl...[more]
  • multiple skin tags (1 replies):
    As have aged and gained weight I have gotten skin tags ...[more]

Triamcinolone is a high potency steroid and should be used only under a dermatologist’s guidance. It wont cause the skin tags to fall. Skin tag is a benign condition and you do not have to worry about it. These tiny skin growths generally cause no symptoms unless they are repeatedly irritated. The commonest area where they occur are armpits, groins, neckfolds etc. Treatment options include removing with scissors, freezing (using liquid nitrogen), and burning (using medical electric cautery at the physician's office). You should consult a dermatologist to find out which treatment is the best one for you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.