Dermatology Community
ugly rash... keeps spreading...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ugly rash... keeps spreading...

I have small flat reddish dry patches on my back, arms stomache and some on my legs that don't always itch. Some pathes seem like they are trying to heal and start to peel from the center of the patch. It started after spending the weekend in the pool/jacuzzi and I am wondering if it is a reaction to the chemicals or if maybe somthng else.
The first patch looked like ringworm and got pretty big, after that the small patches started to spread all over my back chest and stomache. So far it has been about 2-3 weeks now and I have tried using bleach, an antigungal cream, and hydracotisone. Pleaaase help!! Its not getting any better =/ and I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks so much
Related Discussions
  • what is this? (3 replies):
    So i have this rash spot on my ribs. At first it was sma...[more]
  • Weird rash on chest (1 replies):
    A few weeks ago, i woke up with a couple of bite marks o...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    i am a 28 year old male. i ahve had a rash on my back, s...[more]
  • Dermatology (1 replies):
    I have light brown patches on my stomach just under my b...[more]
  • skin rash (1 replies):
    my boyfriend had a little dry skin patch by his chest. t...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Mostly pityriasis rosea and the first one the herald patch.It will  go off soon.Calamine externally and antihistamine internally should do fine.More severe may need internal steroids.
Blank
Thnx sooo much!!!! Finally an answer. That seems to be exactly what the problem is.
Thanks again.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it sounds like pityraisis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...