ugly rash... keeps spreading...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

ugly rash... keeps spreading...

I have small flat reddish dry patches on my back, arms stomache and some on my legs that don't always itch. Some pathes seem like they are trying to heal and start to peel from the center of the patch. It started after spending the weekend in the pool/jacuzzi and I am wondering if it is a reaction to the chemicals or if maybe somthng else.
The first patch looked like ringworm and got pretty big, after that the small patches started to spread all over my back chest and stomache. So far it has been about 2-3 weeks now and I have tried using bleach, an antigungal cream, and hydracotisone. Pleaaase help!! Its not getting any better =/ and I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks so much
  • what is this? (3 replies):
    So i have this rash spot on my ribs. At first it was sma...[more]
  • Weird rash on chest (1 replies):
    A few weeks ago, i woke up with a couple of bite marks o...[more]
  • Red spots (1 replies):
    I have this rash on my stomach, it started about 6 weeks...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    i am a 28 year old male. i ahve had a rash on my back, s...[more]
  • Dermatology (1 replies):
    I have light brown patches on my stomach just under my b...[more]
Mostly pityriasis rosea and the first one the herald patch.It will  go off soon.Calamine externally and antihistamine internally should do fine.More severe may need internal steroids.
Thnx sooo much!!!! Finally an answer. That seems to be exactly what the problem is.
Thanks again.
From the symptoms it sounds like pityraisis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.