uncircumcised with redness and itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

uncircumcised with redness and itching

I am uncircumcised and I have recently seen some redness almost like bumps but not raised around the head of my penis.  There are times when it itches and times when it doesnt.  There is no pain at all and there is no discomfort when I go to the bathroom. It seems to be going away but it has been there for a week now.  when i wash it the redness seems to be more visible Im not sure what it could be any information would be great
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash. If the bumps are itchy,you  can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.