under eye/cheekbone redness and swelling
For about 2 years I've had a swelling just above my cheekbones which is also red.  I've been told it's Rosacia, broken capilaries, malar pad, allergies and nothing helps get rid of it.  It's a constant and I don't know what else to try to ease the swelling or redness.  When I wash my face, my entire under eye area turns red and the already red area turns a deeper red.  Sun seems to make it worse.  Can you tell me what this might be and how I might get it under control.  Thank you.
I think you have rosecea, something similar happens to me but I get small pimples that get red they are nasty they come and go.  You need to go to a dermatologist so that they can prescribe some kind of topical medication like metrogel, etc...and I think it will work because you don't have the pimples in my case the pimples come out so it is worse.
Hi ,

Is the redness only located underneath the eyes?

Does this spread involving the entire phase?

Have you had any assessment done like a skin test, levels of ANA, ESR and a complete blood test?

Any other associated symptoms like joint pains, rash,headaches, and gastrointestinal problems?
Yes, the redness  is just under the eyes, both eyes.  Usually just red on the swollen area above the cheek bones, however, when I wash my face, put lotion on or anything that gets close to my eyes, the entire undereye area from just under the lashes to the cheekbone is red.
I've had allergy testing done, nothing there.  I'm not sure what ANA or EST is so I don't know if I've had it done.  And, no, other than slight arthritis in my fingers, no real joint pain other than normal age pains, no rashes, no headaches, gastrointestinal I've had problems with since I was a child, so nothing new on that area.  No new medications.
I've been to dermatologists, allergists, my primary care and cosmetic surgeons, noone
can seem to figure this out.
Hi Pam,

Given that you had your complete assessment done, has any of your physicians referred you to a rheumatologist?

ANA and ESR are blood markers that may help suggest if an inflammation is present in the body. Although they are not very specific and increased levels may suggest an array of possible disease, your physician may start management plan from these initial tests.

You have mentioned of slight arthritis in your hands? Is this joint pain always persistent?

Do you experience joint pains in the other hand or sometimes in your knees , wrists or elbows?
Good Morning Vanessa,

First...thank you so much for helping me!!  

Noone has referred me to a rheumatologists.  Never has it even been mentioned.  Is this something I should ask about?

Yes, the arthritis is in both hands, mainly fingers.  It's almost always persistent, sometimes worse, but always there.  I don't really have wrist/knee or elbow pain, hip pain yes, especially when I sit for long periods of time without getting up.  I also have a long term neck injury and degenerative disk disease in the same area.  

Thanks again!
Pam
Good Morning Vanessa,

Thanks again!
Pam
Hey, Pam, I am a 31  yr old male. I have the exact same symptoms that you described. Did you find a solution? Any help will be much appreciated.

Jay
i too have this problem
i have no idea whats causing it. everyone i speak to asks me if ive been on vacation or something, i have not.
the redness is on my upper cheek area/cheekbone
i'm goning to try and using some Eucerin Redness Relief to see if that helps the redness
are you aware of a connection between this type of swelling and inflammatory diseases? I have fibro mialgia and lots of swelling and pain i also have these small round swellings on my cheekbones that turn red. I have some rosea and broken capillaries but they have come on with age the swellings were there long before when my fibro started and i think definately not connected to the rosea.
emma
wondering if you ever found the cause,I have the same symptoms,been to every kind of doctor from dermatoligist to allergist,they all say I'm fine.so frustrating,not sure what to do?