uneven complection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

uneven complection

i by mistake used hair removal cream around 4 times at a strech to remove hair from my upper lip and now its all dark...
doctor can you tell me if its permanent or will it become even with time?
The kind of hyperpigmentation that you have is due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a condition where there is an excess amount of pigment following a disease process that affects the skin.  Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.