unexplainable red spots/bumbs all over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello Dr.

I am a 31 year old male. I had an abscess in my anal region that burst open as i scrubbed while bathing and left a raw open wound about an inch and a half in diameter.  I used manuka honey after reading about it's healing and antiseptic properties, on the wound morning and night for about a month.  The abscess wound seemed to be healing but I started getting very itchy and red around the area (groin and anal region) and started noticing pimple-like red spots on buttocks.  I had been using the manuka honey daily for about a month, before this itchiness, irritation happened.  After about a week of that, I noticed some red bumps that looked like mosquito bites on my torso/upper abdomen area.  Within days these bumps spread all over my stomach, chest, thighs, inner arms, back, and now even some on my scrotum and penis.  It has been about 2 weeks since I first noticed these red bumps.  I went to the dr. about 4 days ago and they couldn't pinpoint it, but told me to go on benadryl for a week and see if it goes away, and prescribed jock-itch cream for my groin/anal region, which seems to be helping.  The red bumps on the rest of my body, however, seem to be spreading little by little.  They sort of resemble the first stages of chicken pox, but the dr. said it wasn't chicken pox.  My trunk area seems to be the most affected.  Is there any advice or recommendations that you suggest I should tell the doctor or try on my own? I plan on going back to the doctor in a few days, since the spots don't seem to be clearing away.  Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it!