unexplained red itchy scratch-like marks appearing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

8925601?1363145555
I've been getting these red scratch-like marks that look as though I've been scratched by a cat?! I never had this problem when I lived in Hawaii for the first 12 years of my life but ever since I moved to Australia, I've been getting them and I think they're getting worse.. I used to think it was eczema or an allergic reaction to strawberries (i don't know if I'm actually allergic to them I just noticed that when I ate A LOT i would get more scratches...I think). My parents and I also used to think it could have something to do with the heat, like a heat rash or bed mites of some sort? I also have a dog.

APPEARANCE:
-scratch-like marks about 1-3 inches long (definitely not caused from scratching myself)
-always criss crossing
-slightly raised/elevated
-also very itchy
-the ones are my forearm sometimes look like that scabby purple colour and feel like a scab but the ones on my back seem skin coloured

Sometimes I feel itchy in a certain area so i itch that spot and then i wait a few seconds while circling my fingers around the spot i just scratched and i noticed they gradually come. It's on and off and sometimes they just appear even if I don't scratch. When it's already there and I scratch it, the surrounding skin becomes irritated and red obviously because I've just scratched it.

LOCATION:
They first appeared on the inside of my arm (on the other side of my elbow) mainly on my left arm and not as bad on the right. I can't remember when it started spreading but today it got really bad and its all over my back, a million scratches and theres a few shorter criss crossing scratches and one small red bump in between my breasts.

I've searched everywhere on the internet for this but I can't figure out what it is! The closest thing I can find seems to be hives but mine don't look like that! HELP PLEASE!
These symptoms can be due to hives in response to an allergic reaction. You should stop using any cosmetic, use mild soaps and lotions and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. If it itches then you can take some antihistaminic lie Benadryl or Claritin. If the rash spreads then get it evaluated from a dermatologist as you may need oral steroids which should be taken under medical guidance.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.