Dermatology Expert Forum
unknown bump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

unknown bump

Not to sure where this goes so i out it under Wisc.

I found a dime size bump a couple of weeks on the left side of my butt. When i first notice it sore but now it's just there. It seems to be under the skin not painful or anything but it doesn't seem to be going away. I was wondering if you had any ideas of what it couold be or how to treat it?
It's most likely a cyst, or perhaps a collection of fatty tissue.  Our bodies collect these things over the years, and we only notice them if our hand wanders over the area.  I advise you not to worry, but to show a doctor so you'll know for sure.  The  only treatment for such things is to cut them out, but that's hardly ever worthwhile--the scar is worse than the bump.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
eerr... typo meant to say "Not to sure where this goes so i out it under Misc"