vaginal rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

vaginal rash

Hello, I have been shaving my vaginal region for years.  Once in a while I get what I think may either be a rash or razor burn in the sides of the crease leading from my thighs to my buttocks. At the moment it is a bit itchy, red, and a little bumpy in a small area.  I have spoken with my OBGYN recently about a discharge issue I have been having. I am starting Monistat 7 day tomorrow for a yeast infection.  Is my problem that I first mentioned a rash and/or is it related to the yeast infection?

The rash that you get after shaving may be due to folliculitis or boils.They don’t seem to be related to yeast infections. Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard.

Apply warm compresses on the rash and keep the area clean. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.