very itchy rash with no bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

very itchy rash with no bumps

i have severe itching from head to toe right now. i don't know where it came from. i was just sitting around one day and felt this tingling on my arms and legs. then it felt like i was being bit by mosquitos. witch is common in my house. then i noticed that there weren't any bumps. but awhile later i started to see small red bumps turn up in areas on my arms and legs. so i knew i had some kind of rash. severe itching became unbearable. i begged my mom to get some medicine to make it stop. so she got some cream that relieves itching rashes (ect.) i've been useing it for a few days and the itching went down until i  only felt itching when night came and i was going to bed. but now the severe itching is back and i can't stand it . it spread to my face, neck, ears, but the worse is on my legs. no bumps just itching. the actual rash seems to have gone but the itching is still here
From the symptoms it can be due to an allergic reaction or hives. You can take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. Although there is itching, avoid scratching it because you may damage the skin, and allow bacteria to get in, leading to infection. Apply some calamine and wear cotton clothes.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. Steroids to be applied topically and oral steroids are needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.