vitiligo
Hi, are there know treatment for glans vitiligo?
Vitiligo is  pigmentation disorder in which skin colore has been lost due to the destruction of skin color producing cells.

Latest and traditional treatment options have been in use for treatment  of vitiligo.

In latest options  PUV, photo chemo therapy and lazer technology. Traditional treatment or herbal or natural substance based remedies. In most of the remedies Psoralens are the major constituent.
It is powerful sensitizer of skin to the tanning effects of sunlight. Some big org for vitiligo treatment like Anti-vitiligo use this in their remedy.

Furthermore for complete list of the treatment options you may find at http://www.antivitiligo.com/vitiligo-treatment/

It is totally depend on the condition of the patients  that what treatment options is better for them.

Vitiligo is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count  for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches.

Treatment of vitiligo includes phototherapy,PUVA(psoralen+ultraviolet A radiation),PUVB, immunomodulator creams such as Protopic and Elidel, chemical depigmentation and transplanted melanocytes to vitiligo affected areas.Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Hello there, I've had Vitiligo for about 10 years. It started on my feet and worked it's way up until finally it appeared on my face. This was the only thing that really bothered me about the condition, and I consulted a dermatologist. He had me try Protopic on the spots on my face, and it worked very well.

I applied it to the spots every day and really applied it well. Periodically, I'd get a burning type of sensation on my face, but after a month of so, the spots started to become noticably smaller and smaller until they were completely gone! This was 2 summers ago. I recently noticed a small spot appearing on my cheek, and I've started Protopic treatments again. My insurance didn't cover it unfortunately, but it was well worth the $100 to get it.

Hope this helps someone.