wart on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

wart on penis

what causes wart on the penis
  • Wart on Scrotum (1 replies):
    I have had a wart on my scrotum a little smaller than a ...[more]
  • Wart or Skin Tag? (1 replies):
    Hey Doc, I have a small growth on my penis i guess you c...[more]
  • wart ir skin yag (1 replies):
    i have a history of gential warts, these have been treat...[more]
  • skin (1 replies):
    I noticed a bump on my boyfriends penis the other day ne...[more]
  • warts??? (2 replies):
    Hi. I have a small grouping of growths on the underside ...[more]

Warts are highly contagious and are considered the most serious types of warts. A small cut or abrasion on the skin is sufficient for invasion and infection by a human papilloma virus and other types of viruses, these come into the top layer of the skin, and cause the formation of a wart on the surface of the skin.

If you have any doubts regarding the diagnosis, you should contact your health care provider for diagnostics and possible treatment.

Genital warts often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area. In women they occur on the outside and inside of the vagina, on the cervix or around the anus.

The viral particles are able to penetrate the skin and mucosal surfaces through microscopic abrasions in the genital area, which occur during sexual activity.
HPV virus can last from 3 months to 2 years without a symptom. Having sex with a partner whose HPV infection is latent and demonstrates no outward symptoms(asymptomatic shedding) still leaves one vulnerable to becoming infected.

Genital warts (condylomata) can be confused with Molluscum contagiosum (MC), which is also transmitted sexually.

It is best to get it examined and reach an accurate diagnosis so that the appropriate treatment can be initiated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_warts

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards