wart

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

wart

I have what I believe to be a wart on 2 fingers. It started out as a little bump with a black speck in the center.Stayed like that for weeks.Then it started to hurt because it is right on the knuckle and it gets lots of bunping etc. I then noticed another one starting on the finger next to it,and then I bought some medicated band aids and wore them for a month or so.When I put those on,the warts got really high. After so long of using the band aids my skin around the warts was burning. So I quit using that,and then started duct tape for awhile. That made a little difference. But they are still here.And they look like a bubble.Can warts look like a  bubble? They are really starting to hurt because they are being bumped so much.
Tags: Warts
It is very rare for the warts to be painful. From your symptoms, the possibility of herpetic whitlow and myxoid cyst should be ruled out. A myxoid cyst is a soft nodule and usually occurs near the end of the fingers or toes.
Treatment is required when they are painful and consists of cortisone injections, liquid nitrogen and surgery(for large ones).I sincerely suggest you to discuss this possibility with a dermatologist. If the bumps are painful, then the possibility of herpetic whitlow has to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.