Dermatology Community
warts growing back
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

warts growing back

Less than a month ago I had 8 warts on my both of my hands. I used salicylic acid to treat all of them (as advised by my dermatologist), and they went away, or so I thought. Today I noticed 3 small warts growing in the same spots as before. Are they growing back because I didn't fully remove them before?
In addition to using salicylic acid, I started taking a daily multivitamin because I was told that it might help. When I've looked up preventing warts, some common suggestions are eating right, exercising, etc. I'm 20 years old, eat pretty healthy, and exercise at least twice a week. I've always led a healthy lifestyle, so reading these suggestions are frustrating. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do to prevent myself from getting warts. Is there a reason that I'm still so susceptible to getting warts? Is it just part of my DNA?
Tags: Warts, common warts, treating warts, preventing warts
Hi there,
Recurrences are common after wart treatment .Approximately 5-10 % people can experience recurrences. If the virus that causes them has not been killed the virus may replicate quickly. It has a capsule that helps it resist treatment. Maintain your health at optimum level so that your immune system can work effectively against infection. Consult a dermatologist and get them removed. Take care and kind regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...