Dermatology Expert Forum
warts or yeast infection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

warts or yeast infection

I am an uncircumcised male who has found a small patch of tiny , tiny white dots under the foreskin below the head of my penis and a few tiny white dots on the tip also. there is no pain and no irritation in this area.  it has been there for about year now.  i noticed it right away and treated it with condylox but it came back almost right away.  that was 10 months ago.  i went to a physician last week and he told me it looks like a yeast infection and now i am treating it with clotrimazole.  he told me it would be gone in a week but i have not noticed any significant change. i have also begun to notice similar tiny white dots on the top of the penis where the shaft meets the head in a straight line under the foreskin also.  Once again a patch of very tiny white dots bunched together, not raised but flat, no pain or sensitivity and generally no growth change.  please give me your opinion. yeast infection or should i start worrying more seriously?
I think these are small cysts or papules which are normal on many penises.  Rather than use Condylox or yeast creams--neither of which is liklely to do anything useful--I suggest you see a skin doctor or STD specialist who will most likely tell you to ignore them.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
do you yhink these cysts will ever go away or do i have to have them surgically removed?
ive researched co2 laser surgery.  it sounds like my problem sounds exactly like papules.  how long does this treatment take, how much pain, and how long does it take to heal? youve been really helpful , thank u.
You'll need to ask a doctor who does this procedure on cases like yours.  I advise you to think twice before doing this, since removal is not necessary (if they are what I think they are), and recurrence almost certain.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi,I have something like you....something white is come on the head of my penis... there is no pain and no irritation in this area....dermatology say that is fungus and give me Daktanol cream for use....After 1 years nothings happend,the same thing....I mean to use "canesten" ... Can You DR. help me ...