water blisters on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

water blisters on hands

every few months i'll get water blisters on my hands, fingers and even going up my arms a little ways ....they itch and bust open with water but sometime hurt

This discussion is related to Blisters on Fingers.
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be a case of dyshidrotic eczema. This type of eczema may start as a case of multiple vesicles that may appear in the digits of the hands. The vesicles may itch leading to an itch scratch cycle that may lead to excoriations.The vesicles may burst and drain with a clear fluid but in most cases they may also cause pain.

Trigerring factors may be stress, excessive sweating and contact with certain irritants like abrasive lotion, detergent or cleansers. A mild and bland cleanser when washing the hands may help. You may need to have this checked by a dermatologist since a bacterial infection is also a differential and you may need oral antibiotics for this.
I get the same things on my fingers. These blisters are so painful and put me in so much pain I can not even close my hands or bend my fingers. They itch if I scratch them they become open sores and they get infected but nothing relives them. I am reluctent to visit the doctor because in the past they have put me on expensive meds for MONTHS that do not do anything for me. I would just LOVE for someone to tell me how to control this It's so painful.
i get these as well, my doctor prescribed me FLUOCINIDE ONITMENT, its a vaseline type stuff that heals and helps the itch, you put it on at night so it can soak into your skin and after a few days it really helps, she also said do not wash hands or do dishes in hot water, try to use hand sanitizer until they go away, and doing this has really helped me.
i had been getting these water blisters on a couple of fingers every few months for the last couple yrs. i got to thinking one day, what if this is like atheletes foot except on my fingers?  a fungus?  so i happen to have some Clotrimazole (atheletes foot anti fungal cream) i rubbed it on the blisters before i went to bed. I woke up the next morning and they had dried up and haven't came back in 3 days now.
When rubbing touching feet which have dead skin on them with bare hands will over time cause an infection like fungie, hands may start with sweat symptoms for months then dry later causing cracking and pain. "micanzole nitrate 2%" does the trick real well, or most athlete foot creams, do not try tonoflate, it will dry your hand since its made to control sweat. I was a victim for years and after many creams and hand speacialist I found the cure. (get your hands fix now) your welcome.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers