waxing after folliculitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

waxing after folliculitis

I currently have Folliculitis and am taking antibiotics.  
My skin is uber sensitive naturally, and therefore I venture to propose my infection resulted from infected razor burn...
Opposed to shaving in the future, would a Brazilian wax be a better alternative?

If your skin is prone to folliculitis,then waxing even with Brazilian wax will aggravate the condition.Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after Brazilian waxing.If you still want to go in for Brazilian waxing ,then apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin.You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash.It will help in soothing the skin.A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help.

Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also.Pls consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.