weird bite and now itchy bumps around body.
Yesterday I got bit by something on my arm and I didn't notice it until it became very itchy. It was small and red . Shortly after I got a few bumps around my body that were red, hard and really itchy. The original bite grew and now is the size of a quarter and hard. Should I be worried?
Such a rash which is generalized can be due to allergic reaction, scabies bites or a viral rash. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For itching itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.
If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.