weird bumps on upper lip line

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

weird bumps on upper lip line

so for about a year now, I've had these small dots on my upper lip line.  they LOOK like clogged pores (white dots)  because there is no surrounding redness or change in size/shape.  However, when I tried to extract them, my upper lip area became numb and swollen, and the surrounding area becomes red and puffy.  It doesn't look like herpes (i looked up pictures, and i only get this 'outbreak' when i try to remove it), but it also doesn't behave as a common zit, clogged pore would.  please help!  I have three small dots in the upper corner of my mouth, and sometimes after washing, the white part looks raised (as acne would would coming to a head).  
Seems as though this is common, if you can see a doc about this I advise you to do so.  From my research, as this has been plaguing me as well for 3 months, it could be Fordyce Spots on the lips.  I am not a doctor and again advise you to see your healthcare provider.  Let me know how you make out.