weird rash? bites maybe?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

weird rash? bites maybe?

A few weeks ago, I suddenly noticed that my arm had all these little red raised bumps - looked almost like blisters or acne.  They were on the underside of my upper arm and all around my forearm and one on my wrist - probably about 25 in total.  My other arm had two around the elbow and three on the top of my hand.  I had one on my thigh and three little ones on my foot.  As the day went on these bumps became very itchy and when aggravated, became raised and looked more like bug bites.  The itch was enough to make me cry and would wake me in the night.  I saw a doctor three days in and was prescribed an ointment that would also help my excema - it still took a week before the itching subsided.  It has now been three weeks and there is no itch, but where the spots were look like it is scaring.  The skin was broken on two of them and none of the others but where the "bites" were looks dark now and it is still very apparent where each of them were.  Any ideas on what this might have been and if I can expect it to come back?  

I should mention also that where the skin was broken, a tiny amount of clear fluid was released but it did not lead to spread or healing, nor did the itching go away.

Any insight is appreciated
The itchy blisters are due to dyshidrotic eczema and the scars are due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It should go away on its own after some time. If it still persists then please consult a dermatologist and discuss the possibilities of chemical peeling, microdermabraion and laser treatment with him.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.