welt like itchy rash on bottom
I have a welt like itchy rash on my buttocks that comes and goes.  It is raised and red and itches like crazy but does stop itching for a bit but comes back again and again.  Have had for at least 3 months.  Driving me mad!  It is only on the inside of my bottom cheeks only.  Have not used any new soap or anything.  What could it be? rather embarrassed to see dr. as it is in a private area!  I know stupid of me!
It can be due to moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting, hives, eczema skin or contact dermatitis. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

Also use mild steroid cream after consulting your doctor.
If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.