wha t the heck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

wha t the heck

I get an itchy skin eruption  and as I scratch it opens to bleed. Then I see little white spot and with tweezers will grasp it to pull it out. As it is pulled out it leaves a small hole which then bleeds slightly.. It looks almost like a almost off white yet soft and some what see through piece. About 1/4 inch long and about as thick as a piece of wire.. I have pulled out several. As it heals, the eruption will itch again, and as I scratch it again, the same scenario plays out. What are these things.............

This discussion is related to White bulb in hair follicle.
Tags: what ??
The symptoms can be due to sebaceous cyst. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.