what can I put on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

what can I put on lip

what can I put on my lips that I burned. I put a boiled egg in the microwave and when I went to bite it, it exploed and now my lips are swollen,
Hi Val and welcome to this forum . I would say put a piece of ice on it .That should help with the swelling and the pain as well .After you leave the ice on for a bit I would put some lip balm on it .That's the best thing I can think of to do .It's what I would do if it happened to me .I hope this is of some help to you and that your lips feel better soon .

Take care
Melissa
Hi Val,

I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and tell you that we are glads that you found this Forum.  I need for you to UNDERSTAND that there are NO Doctors on this Forum. We are ALL CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our expertise and experiences that we have gained through our own pain conditions!!

I'm so sorry that you have suffered this injury!! That MUST be VERY painful!!

You might be best off to check with your Pharmacist or your Doctor and see what they would recommend as I know that SOME things will SEAL in the heat and can make it worse.  PLEASE remember I'm NOT a Dr. but that is what I would do BEFORE I put anything on it.

PLEASE let us know hot you are doing!! I wish you the VERY best...Sherry
For such superficial burns, apply cold compresses and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. Also use a cream containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing. Also consult a dermatologist as you may need topical antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers