what is the hard bump on my face?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

what is the hard bump on my face?

i've had a pea sized hard bump on my face for about five months now. it started very small, i thought it was a pimple but it never went away and kept growing. i left it alone because i wasn't able to pop it. but, it kept growing. it doesn't hurt, but i still don't want it there. i'm only sixteen and i don't need a large bump on my face and acne. my family doesn't have the money to pay for a dermatoligist, so i'm hoping i can get some advice on what to do. could it be a possible cyst or something? can i pop it with a needle? any opinions would be great!
From the symptoms it can be a sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.