Dermatology Expert Forum
what is this weird thing on my head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

what is this weird thing on my head
its really freaking me out.  it's skin colored and doesn't hurt or itch.  it almost looks like a mole's nose (moles as in the animal) it's scaly to touch. and it kinda sticks out like a skin tag. i noticed it about a month ago, but didn't really look at it because i though it was just a mole. its small as well. its not a tick or anything else like that.  im about to have a panic attack cause it just giving me the creeps.  i don't think it's anything sinister.  i also have a bump on my forehead that is flesh colored and very ruff.  it's been there for around 10 years now.  i did have a doc look at it and he wasn't concerned but he did say i have some freaky things going on with my skin but could not give a name to these.  are there any conditions that causes bumps like this?  like i said before they are not red do not hurt or itch. thanks so much for your help
Thanks for posting your query.

This bump on the scalp can be a sebaceous or pilar cyst. Scalp is common site for both. Other cause could have been a verruca caused by HPV. However considering your age and the sun exposure, it makes sense to get it examined and biopsied from a dermatologist. This will confirm the diagnosis.

The lump on the forehead which has been present for a long time without changing can be a cyst. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts. Generally they do not require treatment unless they become painful or infected or are cosmetically unpleasant.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.